- 1- 1/2 lbs chicken, cut into serving size
- 1 large potatoes, chunks
- 1 large carrot, chunks
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chunks
- 1 medium onion, chunks
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 4 gloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 can (8oz) tomato sauce
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
HOW TO COOK CHICKEN AFRITADA:
- Heat cooking oil in a pan or wok.
- Saute potatoes, carrots and bell pepper. Set aside.
- Using the same pan, saute garlic & onion.
- Add the chicken***. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. (requires occasional stirring).
- Add the fish sauce and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add water when it starts to dry up. Bring to a boil.
- Add the tomato sauce. Let it simmer.
- Add all the vegetables. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat & transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve with hot steamed white rice. Enjoy!
*** You can also boil the chicken and use the chicken stock instead of water.***